Tuesday, February 3, 2009

THE DIASTER






OK, so the date says Feb. 3, 2009. Maybe I am a little late but at least I am trying to catch up! So I am going to just pick up where I left off , which would be to talk about the disruption of Hurricane Ike in our lives here on the Gulf Coast. This is what Hurricane Ike left behind at our house. Doesn't look so bad does it??!! Well, this is the cleaned up version because I was in Canton for 10 days during all of this. I couldn't come back because we had no electricity or water. My sweet husband came home within minutes after the storm passed and cleaned for the next week. I missed our house and yard looking like a bomb went off and he could not take "before" pictures because I had the camera! Yes, we had more damage than we would have liked (water in 4 rooms), but we were so blessed. So many had very little to come home to. As you can see, our house is still standing and we just love the new "blue tarp" roof. It matches all of our neighbors!

No comments: