Friday, February 6, 2009

MY FAVORITE HOLIDAY





















Valentine's Day is my favorite holiday. I love hearts, chocolate, the colors pink and red, and those are in abundance on Valentine's Day. I just love everything that goes with it. Decorating the house is really fun for me. Pink and hearts - you can't get any better than that!

Another thing, Valentine's Day is a holiday where there is no pressure. There are no large meals to plan, no endless shopping lists or presents to wrap. It is a holiday that provides you with an opportunity to send a card or buy a chocolate treat for the ones that you love. Now Sonny has been known to buy jewelry for this occasion and that is OK too! I am so thankful to have a sweet and wonderful husband that makes Valentine's Day special for me because he knows how very much I love this holiday.

As far back as I can remember, my Dad always bought me something for Valentine's Day. As a child, he would usually buy me a heart shaped box of chocolates. I thought that was so glamorous! When I was older, it was usually something that would catch his eye while he was out shopping with Mom. One year it might be a red sweater with hearts and then the next year a heart necklace. He continued this even after I married and had children. Every year, I always knew that I would get at least one valentine - maybe something small and cute or maybe something extravagant. It was always a wonderful surprise. Dad continued this tradition for my sister and I even when he was ill during those last years he was with us, with a little help from Mom. What a wonderful Daddy. I sure miss him and will forever think of him, especially on Valentine's Day. He was my first love.


No comments: