Friday, October 17, 2008

SUMMER OF DISRUPTIONS








It has been awhile since I have posted. However, I actually have a reasonably good excuse. Our first disaster was our desktop crashed. Dead as a door nail!!! To make a long story short, we had no formal backup and some of our attempts at backup were just not adequate. I cried for one whole day over pictures that are now frozen on my old hard drive. I was also heartbroken over losing some of the recipes that friends had shared with me. So, if you know of any good and cheap techs that can get these pictures off of the old hard drive, please let me know.


Several $$$$$ later, we had the computer "redone" complete with a new external hard drive for back up. I couldn't work on the computer for weeks because every time I got on it, it was blank, wiped clean. Where were my Favorites???!!!!! I really stressed every time I turned it on. You never realize how much you have on it until it is gone.


While still in the recovery phase from that loss, the lap top got an Ad Ware bug. Those things are really bad! Back came the tech and after several days and several more $$$$ we had that back, up and running. We lost no data, just money!! There is always a silver lining.


After all of these tech problems, I got a much needed break. I traveled to San Antonio with my sister who was attending a conference. We had a "Girl's Trip" and had so much fun. I think I may have had more fun since she had to work. The San Antonio Riverwalk was so beautiful and one day we had a little "cool front" come in and were able to walk outside all day without doing a melt down.


Little did we know that this was just a lull before the real disaster came!

No comments: