Friday, July 17, 2009

FOURTH WEEKEND DINNER

Normally, I use the traditional red, white and blue decorations for my table on the Fourth of July. However, this year I did something different. I decided to have a nautical tablescape.

Please notice the wicker chargers with the shell border. Last year, I forced, um I mean, I had Sonny accompany me into Pottery Barn. He looked around and finally said, "Out of all of this junk, I actually like these." He was pointing at these chargers which were on a table in the bedding section. I picked up one and almost fainted at the price. Two weeks later, I had an appointment near the same Pottery Barn. To kill some time, I forced myself to go in. In the clearance section, there were 2 of the shell chargers marked 80% off. I grabbed a sales lady to check in the back for more, but I was told those were the only two, which was why they were marked so low. Then I remembered the table in the bedding section, which I had thought was strange when Sonny & I saw it there on our previous visit. The chargers were still there because everyone had forgotten about that table and they gave them to me at the same price. The runner is also from Pottery Barn. I found that in Austin. It was $6.99! There are bargains to be had at Pottery Barn, but you have to be there at the right time, which can be hard to do.

I used my shell dishes and placed cute decorated cookies as a favor at each place setting.


These hurricanes are some that I have had for several years and that I usually use in the Fall. I partially filled them with white decorator sand and placed silver coated shells on top of the sand. The silver shells are available at Pottery Barn. However, wait until the end of the season, like I did, and they deeply discount them.
The napkin ring holders are from Target. They were in the party section and were $1.99 for a set of four.

This tablescape was fun and easy. We made the food easy also. We threw steaks on the grill and had a yummy salad and a really easy potato dish that I will post soon.

1 comment:

Bobbie said...

FABULOUS!!!! Maybe your best yet. Gotta love that Pottery Barn - and your talent!