Wednesday, November 28, 2007

KROGER DOLLAR CHRISTMAS ITEMS


Are you like me where there are some weeks that you are just lucky to have the time to get to a grocery store? As you rush through the aisles grabbing milk, bread and cereal, remember to slow down when you get to the seasonal items. Believe it or not, you can find dollar deals while doing your weekly grocery shopping.
Last week, I was in Kroger hurrying about to get last minute Thanksgiving items. I could not resist stopping on the Christmas aisle. Now, I am not really a fan of plastic dishware, but when I spotted this tray, I had to tap on it to see if it was china. It is plastic but a very classy looking plastic. The price was $1.99. It is a nice size serving tray and it looks like it came out of your Christmas china set.
Kroger had their center aisle loaded with all sort of Christmas items. I especially liked the $1.00 gift bags. As I moved on to the candy, I noticed individually wrapped chocolate snowflake shaped candy. They were a very generous size - as large as a coaster. I have seen similar candies that were in the $5.00-$6.00 range at other stores. Also, I have made candies like these, as I love snowflakes, and they cost considerably more than a $1.00 to make at home.
I was also very surprised to see Christmas shirts at Kroger. There were an assortment of t-shirts and sweat shirts with various Christmas themes ( Christmas trees, candy, snowflakes, etc.) stitched or printed on them. These shirts were a good quality and only $9.99.
My Mom is decorating her tree with poinsettias this year and in the Christmas ornament section, there was a box of white ornaments with pretty red poinsettias painted on them. Each box is priced at only $4.99. Mom added those to her basket. If you are not using a poinsettia theme this year, don't worry, there are many other colors to choose from.
Not enough dollar bargains for you? Well, on your way home from the grocery store, you can always make a quick stop in to your local Dollar tree. There are always bargains there!

No comments: